Although Carine Roitfeld resigned from her post as editor-in-chief of French Vogue back in 2010, the influential style star has done an impressive job staying in the spotlight. In addition to stacking up high-profile styling gigs for the likes of V and Barneys, she's released a memoir, made the rounds at fashion weeks across the globe and has received a lengthy profile in The New York Times. Now, it's time to get ready for Carine Roitfeld: the magazine.
Yesterday she revealed to WWD some exclusive details about the new fashion rag, aptly-titled "CR Fashion Book." Key deets:
- CR will be published by Fashion Media Group LLC, the NY-based company that publishes Visionaire, V and VMan.
- The magazine's office will be based in The Standard hotel in East Village.
- There will be approximately 50,000 copies published, with distribution in Europe, Asia and the US.
- The first issue is a hefty 288 pages and will cost $9.95.
- The biannual publication will launch in September.
Regarding themes, Roitfeld notes that CR will celebrate "fashion and creativity" and a new theme will be featured each month. Will you be reading?