It's not what you think. For the latest issue of V magazine, prolific photographer Terry Richardson shot Lena Dunham in a bathing suit. The Girls creator looks as fantastically radiant as one should look when they're 26 years old and their HBO series is a runaway hit (have you peeped the Season 2 trailer yet?) and they've landed a $3.7 million book deal with Random House. Here are six new things I learned about the luckiest girl in the world.
1. Instead of dropping serious cash on a McMansion à la every other celeb with new money, she recently bought a "modest one-bedroom in Brooklyn Heights."
2. She has a new boyfriend, which she and her mother would meet for dinner following the interview. Judging from this photo, her boyfriend is FUN guitarist (and designer Rachel Antonoff's brother), Jack Antonoff.
3. She appreciates the celebrity perk of receiving free clothes. “Somehow even if I wouldn’t have bought it, the fact that it was free and my grandma’s depression-era mentality make me think it is the most beautiful thing I ever owned, and I wear it for several days straight.”
4. She hated India. "I saw too many puppies that I thought needed me. So my mom and I got in a big fight and I left India. Early.”
5. She unapologetically likes Taylor Swift's music. "I have no interest in liking anything ironically. If I wanted to be ironic, I’d grow a mustache."
6. She unapologetically eats. "I ate cake for breakfast on the day of the Emmys, I ate cake for dinner, my workout didn’t require Spanx, and I still feel like I looked better than people expected me to."