Eva Jeanbart-Lorenzotti is one of our favorite multi-hyphenate fashion forces. As CEO and co-founder of luxury e-shop Vivre.com, she discovers timeless apparel, jewelry, and houseware treasures for her site’s loyal fans. On Lifetime’s Project Accessory, she mentored the future of fashion by providing candidates with constructive criticism to help them bring their best at all times. And then there’s her fantastic personal style, which has been applauded by the likes of Vogue.
To ensure we bring our style A-game this New Year’s Eve, we asked Jeanbart-Lorenzotti to round up her top five fashion rules to follow on the big night:
1. Swap your LBD for stylish trousers. "I always tell people to choose a simple palette when it comes to dressing for a big night out, leaving you the option to embellish it depending on your mood. On New Year’s Eve when almost everyone will be wearing a cocktail dress, try an equally chic wide-leg black trouser or silk pant, and top with a dramatic scarf to keep warm."
2. Only pack your clutch with the essentials. "Bring a festive lipgloss, mints, your ID, cash, and a camera. This season I’m loving the shimmery gold lip which makes a statement – just make sure to avoid using glitter anywhere else on your face."
3. Incorporate fall trends into your look, but don’t go overboard. "Try jeweled drop earrings with a bold, oversized cuff or multi-layer necklaces — just not all three at once! Or, wear a larger-than-life cocktail ring which work pretty much anytime, with anything."
4. For footwear, opt for comfort. "Wedges will still give you height but won’t destroy your feet in a matter of hours. I also opt for heels with platforms when I know I’m going to be running around all over town."
5. Keep the ‘tude at home. "I think the biggest faux pas on a night like New Year’s is not having a big smile and a charming, positive attitude. You always want to start off a New Year on the right foot."